One of the questions I'm regularly asked is, "Now that I've found you, where do I start?"
I always say that it is best to start by getting to know the company you are dealing with and whether or not they are trustworthy. As a Mom of eight, I know that it's hard to find products that I can trust (that's the main reason I started making goat milk soap in the first place - because I realized I couldn't trust the baby wash I had used for years.) There is so much conflicting information about what is good and what is bad for us and our children. I wanted to simplify things, get past the marketing hype, and know that I could trust the products I was using.
That was one of my main goals when I created Goat Milk Stuff. To give other moms products that they could trust. I said from the very beginning that I'd never make or sell anything that I wouldn't personally use or allow my children to use. This farm is all about raising the healthiest goats possible to make the healthiest milk possible to make the healthiest items possible.
There are a lot of other companies that make goat milk soaps out there, so why should you trust and choose Goat Milk Stuff?
- You can trust us to take care of our goats. Our goats are our "babies". Each one has a name and a personality and we take care of them as naturally as possible. We don't give them any unnecessary medications and keep them out on grass and in the sunshine.
- You can trust the quality of our milk. Right now we are the only Grade A goat dairy in the state of Indiana. Our milk is guaranteed to be healthy because we meet very strict guidelines for the health and quality of our milk and have the regular milk tests to prove it.
- You can trust us to only offer goat milk items we allow our children to eat or use on their own skin. It doesn't matter whether we're talking about goat milk soaps, goat milk caramels, or goat cheese, you can trust that we personally consume everything we produce. After all, if it's not good enough for our family then it's not good enough for your family.
- You can trust us to offer excellent customer service. As a busy mom, I don't have time to waste dealing with poor customer service. And you don't either. We have super fast shipping and communicate with you promptly to answer whatever questions or concerns you have.
- You can trust that we are using quality ingredients. We source high quality ingredients that we can trust. We don't use all organic ingredients because we want to keep our pricing reasonable for families. But where we feel organic is most important (e.g soybean oil to avoid GMOs), we only use organic.
- You can trust that if you have an allergy, we still have a skin care option for you. We do our best to have multiple formulas in our soaps, lip balms, and lotions so that people with allergies have options. Our candies (fudge, toffee, and caramels) do use cow butter. If you have a cow butter allergy we apologize, but we can't produce goat butter and purchasing goat butter would make the treats prohibitively expensive. If you are visiting the farm, we do have goat milk gelato that has no cow dairy at all.
- You can trust that our soap will last a long time and not melt away. There are a lot of goat milk soaps out there that simply do not last very long. The soap formula I designed for our family is still the soap formula we sell. As a mom of eight children, I designed a formula that would last a very long time. You can trust that if you treat your soap well (don't leave it sitting in a puddle of water), it won't melt away quickly.
- You can trust that not all goat milk soaps are created equal and that ours is truly awesome. Goat milk is a wonderful addition to soap, but it needs to be added to a good soap formula with a good soapmaking process for it to perform at its best. Just because a soap is advertised as having goat milk in it, doesn't mean that it's a great bar of soap. We have been making soap since 2005. We have a great formula, a great process, and great goat milk (we never, ever use dried goat milk powder). You can read about what customers have to say about Goat Milk Stuff soap being better than others they've tried.
- You can trust us to give it our all. We know how much hard work is involved in raising goats, running a farm, and making consistently high quality soap and dairy products. We are fully committed to doing whatever it takes to consistently provide you with the best goat milk products that we can possibly make.
- You can trust us to stand behind our goat milk products. We fully test and daily use our goat milk soaps and daily consume our goat milk cheese and other food items. We stand behind them and back that with a satisfaction guarantee.
- You can trust that your Goat Milk Stuff items won't contain any harmful chemicals. You will not find any of the following in your goat milk soaps or food: petroleum based items, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), dyes, parabens, phthalates, or unwanted chemicals.
- You can trust us not to go out of business. You won't fall in love with our stuff only to find out we're no longer making it. This is a family business with children who are planning to raise their own children in the business. We're already working on transition planning so the next generation can take over some day.
- You can trust us to not take shortcuts. Because we're in it for the long-haul, we don't cut corners. We don't do anything to make a quick profit at the expense of what is absolutely best for our goats and our customers.
- You can trust us not to waste your money. Some soap companies will sell their soap at lower price to give the appearance of their soap being a bargain. But it's not a bargain if the soap melts away quickly after use. Goat Milk Stuff soap is very long-lasting because I designed the goat milk soap formula for our family. And with 8 children, I need a long-lasting soap! We also offer our soaps in smaller sizes so you can try a smaller piece before committing to a full bar. And once you have a favorite soap, we offer several bulk sizes (5 bars, 10 bars, or log) that give you a chance to save money.
Now that you know that you have found a company you can trust, you can find what you are looking for. If you have any type of skin condition, click on the navigation bar that says "Shop by Skin Type".
If you'd like to visit the farm, we are super proud to share it with you and we're very easy to locate as we're only a mile off Highway 65 in Southern Indiana. We have different Experiences that you can participate in on the farm or you can just come and visit, see the goats from the fences, and shop at the Farm Store and Sweet Shop. If you've never been here, be sure to follow the directions since some GPS systems don't get you directly to our farm.
If you are looking for information about raising goats, click on the "Learn" navigation bar and then "Raising Dairy Goats". If you'd like to find out more details on our goats or puchase goats from us, visit the GMSGoats.com website.
There is a search bar at the top right of the website if you know there is something specific you want that hasn't been mentioned.
Feel free to reach out and contact us if you have any questions that you can't find answers to on the website.
And if you'd like to follow us on Social Media, join our over 100,000 Facebook followers. We spend a lot of time on Facebook sharing our lives, our goats, and our awesome Goat Milk Stuff.
The entire Jonas family wants to thank you for your support of our family, farm and business. Without all of our wonderful customers, Goat Milk Stuff would not be possible and many more people would be missing out on the goodness of goat milk!